• In January, the soil is grounded and fertilized with products of natural origin.
• February and March are pruning months: the processing remains are chopped and buried to nourish the soil.
• Spring is a period of rebirth: in April we are plowing again, but with lighter tools. In addition to this, some treatments are carried out using organic copper to support the plant during its growth.
• In May and June the plants are cleaned and prepared for harvest: we remove the succhioni (non-productive branches) which are then shredded and buried.
• In July, irrigation systems are checked and tested to guarantee water to the plants on hot summer days.
• August is a month of irrigation and monitoring of probable attacks by the olive fly, our bigger enemy.
• In September we prepare for the harvest and reorganize the warehouse.
• When it’s about the end of October it takes place the first "light" harvest from which the new oil (novello) is obtained.
• The harvest takes place between November and December (depending on the veraison conditions).
PROCESSO DI PRODUZIONE MONITORATO
Oil certified Organic
Olives are harvested with mechanical and manual tools when they reach the right point of ripeness. They come neither beaten, nor touched with the hands and, above all, do not touch the ground.
Once the olives are loaded on ventilated bins, we transport them to the mill where they are pressed in the following 8/12 hours to avoid the starting of a process of fermentation that would raise the level of acidity of the oil. Many small tricks to guarantee the high quality of the Buondioli Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER
Stay up to date on all the latest news of our products and new promotions!